Here are some pictures of Easter that Steven took while I was in the Dominican. I love this picture of Jackson and Katie!
Jackson loves guns! Today his Sunbeam teacher said they were talking about how we love animals. Jackson told some story about how he saw a raccoon and got out his gun, put a bullet in the back, and pulled the trigger. But don't worry, in Jackson's story the raccoon got away!
Here is cute Katie at the park. This week in Merced she learned how to go down the slide by leaning her body forward. Before she would turn over and cling to the side of the slide for dear life.
This past week we were in Merced for Steven's internship.
Monday I had a job interview in Turlock so Steve took the kids to a park there. To everyone's delight there was a duck pond! Woo hoo!
Katie is well on her way to walking- She can stand all by herself and take a few steps if there aren't too many obstacles.
After my job interview, we took a drive into Yosemite. It was National Park Week and so entrance was free. It was well worth the drive. Here we are in front of El Capitan. This a famous rock-climbing wall.
We were also able to drive into Yosemite Valley and see "Half Dome" which is in the background of this picture. It's a hike that I hope to make this summer.
On our way out, we passed a field with some little deer. We got out and admired for some time. The weather was beautiful, it was a great trip.
While dad is working in the clinic, the kids and I try to keep busy rather than sit in our hotel all day. Tuesday we met up with some friends from LA who live in Fresno. Here we are at the Madera Fossil Museum. This is a terrifying skeleton of a short-faced bear. RAAR!
Wednesday morning we went to the library and I read books to Jackson while Katie napped in the stroller. It's a beautiful library. In the afternoon the clinic was closed so we drove around and Steve scoped out the dairies. And let me tell you there are a lot of dairies! We were going to go see "Chimpanzees" at the theater, but it was going to be $30! We went for the Red Box instead and saved ourselves $28.75.
Thursday we hit the Castle Air Museum which is a sprawling complex of WW2 planes. They are pretty impressive. If anyone has a special interest in WW2 planes this is the place to be! Jackson had a fun time running around and I tried to get interested... WOW, this plane went 665 mph!
I think we have done all there is to do and seen all there is to see in Merced. I think we have played at every park and driven every road. I even found this sweet Roman Villa... seriously, it's a house. I'll take you to see it if you come to visit!
Moving day is May 12th, two weeks from now. Steve is graduating and Family will be in town. We will miss loved ones here, but we are looking forward to changes, and grateful for such a great job opportunity.
AND Friday I got offered a job in Turlock- YAY.
3 comments:
We're so happy for you, but we'll miss you so much.
Looks like Yosemite was a lot of fun. I can't believe how big Katie is getting, Cami is going to have so much fun with Jackson and Katie! Can't wait to see you guys. Hopefully you'll be able to make a trip to Idaho this summer while we are there.
Ha ha! I love the story of Jackson shooting the raccoon:-).
Post a Comment