Steven found a park nearby with a big pond and ducks. We took Jackson to feed the ducks and identify the different species:


Jackson licking his chops for some yummy duck.

STEVEN'S DUCK IDENTIFICATION COURSE:
RINGNECK
(center)

MANDARIN
(very beautiful, only one in the pond)
(related to the wood duck)

MALLARD
(notice the band on the leg)

AMERICAN WIDGEON

COOT
(mud hen)
2 comments:
Pretty sweet. I'd like to get one of those mandarins in my decs. Looks like fun.
"Remember that time everyone was shouting my name and I used my strength to rip my blouse?"
"Yeah, then I watched them knock you unconscious ok!"
Sorry,I had to add that because I was going to say this reminded me of the time we were heading up to Ashton to go X-C skiing and Steven was having us guess what all the ducks were in his magazine and I didn't know any of them...yeah, I don't think I can really call myself and Idahoan. Anyway, miss you guys! See you soon!
Post a Comment