Friday, June 10, 2011

Other Memorable Moments

Jackson really is good with Katie- I think he will be a very sweet and fun big brother for her. He tries to play with her occasionally and loves when "His eyes is open!"  (Everyone is "that guy" or "him" or "his". I hope the women we encounter are getting a complex from it thinking they look manly!)  He is also the crying radar- "Katie is crying!!"


Some rare "awake time".




When Grandma Boyle was in town we went to the new Los Angeles Temple Visitor's Center. There is such a beautiful, powerful, and peaceful feeling there. It motivates me to be a better person. I love everytime we go.  One of the sisters shared a thought with us. She said that she has found on her mission when she has been "self-focused"- fretting about her weaknesses and focusing on herself she is less effective than when she forgets herself and just works hard doing what she knows she needs to do. I thought that was a good reminder- a lot of times Old Scratch knows he isn't going to get us to leave our spouse or party on Friday night, but if he can use our desire to be better against us, it can become disabling if we focus too much on our own weaknesses.



 I love this picture of Steve and Katie, here she is streching out at the visitor's center.  Thanks Aunt Kristen for the cute dress!!


I think Katie looks like she is giving a disinterested Jackson a piece of her mind!


Last weekened we had some neighbors over for a movie and SODA POP ICE CREAM. Steve was the mastermind behind the occasion and bought some rock salt to put in this bucket. He put Soda, Sweet & Condensed Milk, and some fruit in old Gatoraid bottles and we had some yummy and oh so sweet frozen treats. He did have to roll the bucket for ten minutes or so, what a champ.  Fun idea Steve!



Glamour shots by Deb. 


I'm sorry Katie, but your Dad caught a "poop-face"! 


When Grandma Boyle was visiting, Jackson wanted to read her scriptures and started by clearing his throat and saying "And it came to pass". That day we gave him is own Book of Mormon and he frequently wants us to turn it to the right page so he can... follow along (Nevermind that the book is upside down). And sometimes he will even "read" himself by repeating the words we tell him to say.  


Katie is a fan of bath time. I love putting her in the tub and watching her look around. Although she is frequently attacked by all the animals Jackson keeps in the tub. He likes to get in with her, but he declined to pose for a picture this time...


Due to the "June Gloom" here is Los Angeles, Jackson is looking a little pale. We definitely need to get him out in the sun!  (I'm pretty proud of my frog... look closely- if you need someone to draw you a frog, I think I'm your woman!)

No comments: