Sunday, August 29, 2010

Vacation to Home

Once again we made the trek to the homeland, Idaho Falls. Our friends, the Hendricksons, have oft expressed interest in the farm-life, so they came along. Although we in Idaho for only a short time, we had a fun-family-filled vacation!


Jackson loved having someone to jump with, and Joy quickly learned that this was "Mike's house" or "Susan's house".

In the true farm spirit, we spent some time harvesting veggies from the garden, and then canning them. The Hendricksons didn't know that what they were really getting into was a lot of work!


The first weekend in Idaho JD and Liz were blessing their baby in Provo, so we spent Saturday in Salt Lake. We took a really great tour of the conference center and stopped by Temple Square.  And no trip to SLC would be complete without lunch at Little World!


Monday we took a hike in the Teton National Park at Jenny's Lake.  We made it to Hidden Falls with a few stops for wild huckleberries along the way. Jackson and Joy were just excited to be there!  We rode the ferry back to the entrance and then had dinner at the Bar J.



We ended our trip with a campout on Taylor Mt.  Here Steve found a baby weasel which he says is very rare, he's seen very few in all the years he has spent up on the range.



And just for good measure, here is a picture of the foothill and a harvest moon. Notice the windmills going up on the ridge- the more things change, the more they stay the same.  Thanks family for hosting us and the Hendricksons we had a wonderful time! Can't wait to see you again! Thanks Hendricksons for letting us share a little bit of home with you!



(SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE PICTURE, TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES!!)

(MORE TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES!)



2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Looks like Idaho treated you well! DId you know I'm living in I.F. again? (Not that I would expect a visit, but it is always fun to see old friends). Glad you are still having fun adventures and taking cool pics. (I love the moon!) :)

YY said...

Yeah.. I've dealt with technical difficulties with pictures on blogger... They don't make it easy, do they? I just spent 5 minutes trying to reorganize 6 pictures in chronological order!

Ah.. Good old Little World! I haven't been there since Jake and Steve left Utah! I should go back there sometime.. :)