Sunday, November 15, 2009

jenna says goodbye

Saturday we invited some friends from the ward to go to the beach and of course spear-fishing. It was Jenna's last hoo-rah before heading back to the snowcovered Idaho. To celebrate she saved the life of a star fish, who was being carried away by a seagull, the kids (and adults) thought it was pretty cool to play with.


Steve spent his time (after becoming sufficiently hypothermic and killing a perch) burrying the kids in the sand.

I played volleyball with the Sorensons (and Jackson).


It was just another relaxing day at the beach. Sometimes I feel like we are wasting our time sitting around at the beach, but then this quote by President Uchtdorf from conference comes to mind, "Listen for the voice of the Father in the bounties and beauties of nature..." (The Love of God) So that's what I claim to be doing, listening for the "gentle whisperings of the Spirit". And Jackson is just having a lot of fun!

Thanks for staying with us Jenna, it was a lot of fun to have a perma-buddy! We miss you!

No comments: